- NH man causes Maine games to be cancelled
- Winnacunnet starts season at No. 1
- Team Previews: Lin-Wood
- The State of Baseball: Week 1
- NECBL releases 2021 schedule
- Peak Performers: 4.14.21
- Offense hasn’t been an issue for PSU
- Peak Performers: 4.13.21
- Team Previews: Winnisquam
- Cormier, Langis receive NECC awards
Fisher Cats falter
- Updated: April 16, 2019
BINGHAMTON, N.Y. – The New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays) saw a first-inning lead slip away for the third consecutive game Monday night, as the ‘Cats were downed by the Binghamton Rumble Ponies (Mets) 4-1 at NYSEG Stadium.
Back-to-back two out doubles in the first started the scoring for New Hampshire. Alberto Mineo laced a one into the gap in right-center and Kevin Smith followed with a two-bagger of his own to make it 1-0 Fisher Cats.
Patrick Murphy (L, 0-2) set down the first seven batters of the game but ran into trouble in the third. He surrendered three consecutive hits that tied the game 1-1 then a two-out, two-RBI double from Patrick Mazeika later in the frame gave Binghamton a 3-1 advantage.
The Rumble Ponies added a run in the fifth to go up 4-1, which proved to be the final score.
- Alberto Mineo finished with two hits, the only ‘Cat with a multinock performance. He has logged two hits in six of his last eight.
- Southpaw Tayler Saucedo struck out a seasonhigh four in 2.1 scoreless innings.
- Ty Tice recorded four outs, all via the K.
The Fisher Cats return to action against Binghamton on Tuesday night. RHP Hector Perez of New Hampshire will be opposed by LHP Anthony Kay. Coverage begins at 6:15 p.m. and continues with first pitch at 6:35 p.m. on the WIR Fisher Cats Radio Network.