- NH man causes Maine games to be cancelled
- Winnacunnet starts season at No. 1
- Team Previews: Lin-Wood
- The State of Baseball: Week 1
- NECBL releases 2021 schedule
- Peak Performers: 4.14.21
- Offense hasn’t been an issue for PSU
- Peak Performers: 4.13.21
- Team Previews: Winnisquam
- Cormier, Langis receive NECC awards
Morissette propels BC past Clemson
- Updated: May 21, 2019
DURHAM, N.C. – Freshman second baseman Cody Morissette hit two home runs and the Boston College baseball team rallied for two runs in the 11th inning to defeat Clemson, 7-5, in its ACC Championship opener Monday at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park.
The 12th-seed Eagles hit a season-high four home runs, moved to 30-26 on the season and will play top-seeded Louisville Wednesday at 11 a.m.
Morissette, who played at Exeter High School, went 3 for 6 in the victory. Trailing by a run after two, Morissette stepped to the plate with a runner aboard and two gone. He quickly put BC in front with a two-run shot to right for his third home run of the season. He also hit a solo shot in the fifth.
- Morissette hit his third home run of the season for his 21st multi-hit game of the season.
- Morissette became the first Eagle to homer at the ACC Championship since Mickey Wiswall vs. Florida State (5/28/10).
- Morissette added his fourth home run of the season for his first multi-home run game.
- Morissette became the first Eagle to homer twice in a game since Jake Palomaki vs. Notre Dame (5/19/17).