- Holiday baseball camp offered
- Pinkerton schedules South Portland
- School sports vs. travel ball
- Northeast Tides will enter NSBL
- Free injury-prevention seminar offered
- Dartmouth releases 2020 schedule
- Date for BCANH clinic announced
- Fisher Cats name manager
- Silver Knights release 2020 schedule
- America East tourney headed to Lowell
Big inning hurts Nashua
- Updated: August 9, 2019
Eagle Pass (Texas), the Southwest Regional champs, scored five runs in the bottom of the fourth inning en route to a 6-3 victory over Nashua on the opening day of the Babe Ruth 14U World Series played at the Demopolis (Ala.) Sportsplex.
Eagle Pass took advantage of six walks and three errors in the victory.
Nashua had a two-run lead heading into the bottom of the fourth. Eagle Pass starting pitcher Donovan Becerra allowed four hits and struck out three in six innings to collect the win.
Nashua’s Ryan Bourgeios had two hits and three RBIs. He had a two-run single in the second inning and added an RBI single in the fifth.
Nolan Mederos took the loss. He allowed six runs and three hits and walked five in three-plus innings.
Nashua has today off, but will play Alabama on Saturday.