NEIBL Peak Performers
- Updated: July 27, 2020
NEIBL PEAK PERFORMERS
Pitcher of the Week: Brian Berthiaume.
• Berthiaume, who will play at St. Joseph’s College (Maine) next season, went 1-0 and didn’t allow a run or a hit in four innings on the mound. He recorded eight strikeouts.
Players of the Week: Brett Patnode and Carter Pike.
• Patnode and Pike each batted .500 last week. Patnode had a home runs and six RBIs. Pike drove in three.
Pitcher of the Week: Ryan Coutu.
• Coutu didn’t allow a run in four innings on the mound last week. He surrendered two hits and had a 0.75 WHIP.
Player of the Week: Jack Bergin.
• Bergin had a .462 average in five games last week. He collected six hits, including a triple, two RBIs and scored three runs.
Pitcher of the Week: Ryan Williams.
• Williams, a 2020 Merrimack High School graduate, allowed one run and struck out eight in seven innings against Hudson.
Player of the Week: Ryan Williams.
• Williams batted .500 last week (6-for-12) with three RBIs and two runs scored.
Pitcher of the Week: Eliot Medlock.
• Medlock, who attends Merrimack High School (Class of 2024), struck out 13 in five innings on the mound against Souhegan. He allowed two earned run to earn the win.
Player of the Week: Andrew Coolidge.
• Coolidge, who will be a junior at Merrimack High School, went 3-for-8 (.375) with an RBI and six stolen bases. He also scored six runs.
Pitcher of the Week: Anthony Detone.
• Detone tossed six strong innings in a 3-0 loss to Jutras, which enters the week with a 13-1 record. Detone allowed three runs, all earned.
Player of the Week: Chad Martin.
• Martin went 2-for-2 in Weare’s 3-0 loss to Jutras.
Pitcher of the Week: Jake Wiberg.
• Wiberg pitched seven innings in a 2-1 loss to St. Thomas #1, a game that went 10 innings. Wiberg struck out 10 and allowed two hits. He exited the game with the score tied, 1-1.
Players of the Week: Matt Hudlin and Frank Krupp.
• Trailing Souhegan by two runs with two outs in the seventh inning , Hudlin came up with a two-run double that sent the game to extra innings. Stratham prevailed 8-6 in the eighth. Hudlin had three hits and a stolen base in the victory. He also had a hit, a stolen base and an RBI in Game 1 of the doubleheader.
• Krupp had five hits in four games last week, including three hits in a 13-3 victory over Souhegan. He also scored twice, drove in a run and walked once in that game.