Team Previews: Hopkinton
- Updated: April 11, 2021
2021 NHIAA BASEBALL TEAM PREVIEW
Head coach: Dave Chase (25th season)
2019 Record: 16-5
2019 Postseason: Lost to White Mountains in the Division III championship game (7-3).
Starters Returning: 3
- Junior Peyton Marshall (OF/Inf/P) (.346, 8RBI, 12R, 8SB)
- Junior Jack Morrall (C) (.189 5 RBI, 6R)
- Junior Bryce Charron (inf) (.235, 4 RBI,)
- Senior Logan Briand (RHP)
- Junior. Peyton Marshall (RHP)
- Junior Max Aframe (RHP)
- Junior Bryce Charron (RHP)
- Soph. Joe Yanzo (RHP)
- Senior: Logan Briand (P, Infielder, C) Transfer from Mascoma
- Junior: Max Aframe (P, 1B)
- Junior: Hunter Boissy (Utility)
- Junior: Owen O’Brien OF
- Sophomore: Armen Laylagian (C, 3B)
- Sophomore: Joe Yanzo (P, 2B)
Team Outlook/Coaches comment: The Hawks would have graduated 10 seniors last year, but the bad news for the team is that there was no JV season to help develop the younger players. The program will have to rebuild with four players who were on the team as freshmen and a handful of freshmen who played junior varsity two years ago. With that said, the 12 players on the varsity have been working hard and learning the game one pitch at a time. With a schedule of Pembroke, Merrimack Valley, Bishop Brady, Kearsarge, Hillsboro and Derryfield, the Hawks hope to be battle-tested come playoffs. We have a ton of work to do to teach the game but having younger guys on the team who are hungry to learn is always fun. I look forward to seeing the improvement each practice and hopefully we will be ready to make some noise when the playoffs start.
New Hampshire Hardball TOP 50 (XTRA Members)
New Hampshire Hardball will post team previews as they are received. Coaches can submit previews via email: email@example.com. Those who would like to help New Hampshire Hardball promote baseball in the Granite State can do so by purchasing a New Hampshire Hardball membership or by making a donation below. Sponsorship inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your support is greatly appreciated.