Peak Performers: 4.19.19
- Updated: April 20, 2019
NEW HAMPSHIRE HARDBALL
Thank you to the coaches who submitted player information …
Sam Corbett (Souhegan)
• Corbett had two hits, walked three times, stole four bases and drove in three runs to help Souhegan defeat Kennett 6-5.
Jack Goodwin (Merrimack)
• Goodwin, a junior, had two hits (a double and a triple), drove in three runs on scored once in Merrimack’s 8-4 victory against Memorial. Both of his hits came in the same inning.
• Grassett held Kennett to two earned runs on four hits in six innings of Sohegan’s 6-5 triumph. He struck out five and walked three. Grassett also came up with a two-run single.
• Hazzard, a sophomore, tossed four scoreless innings in his first varsity start to help John Stark defeat Kingswood 13-6. He allowed three hits, struck out five and didn’t walk a batter.
Kyle Hill (Concord)
• Hill collected two hits in three at-bats to help Concord defeat Nashua South, 2-1.
Richie Marique (Pinkerton)
• Marique pitched all seven innings and didn’t allow an earned run in Pinkerton’s 1-0 loss to South Portland, Maine. He limited South Portland to five hits, struck out eight and didn’t walk a batter.
Zach Miles (Concord)
• Miles, a senior pitcher/shortstop, went 2 for 3 with a solo home run in Concord’s one-run victory over Nashua South. He earned the save by recording the final two out on the mound, one by strikeout.
Keegan Mills (Campbell)
• Mills didn’t allow a hit in 6.2 innings on the mound in Campbell’s 1-0 triumph over Laconia. He struck out 12.
Cody Pfeifer (Merrimack)
• Pfeifer held Manchester Memorial to three earned runs in five innings to help Merrimack collect an 8-4 victory — its first victory of the season.
Rian Queen (John Stark)
• Queen went 3 for 3, drove in three runs and scored three times in John Stark’s 13-6 victory over Kingswood.
Aaron Robertson (John Stark)
• Robertson had three hits and scored twice in John Stark’s victory over Kingswood.
Eric Sullivan (Concord)
• Sullivan pitched 6.1 innings to earn the win in Concord’s 2-1 win over Nashua South. He didn’t allow an earned run, surrendered four hits, struck out three and walked one. Sullivan also went 1 for 3 and scored a run.
Connor Sweeney (Campbell)
• Sweeney recorded the game’s final out to earn the save and preserve a no-hitter in Campbell’s 1-0 triumph over Laconia.
Caleb Yianakopolos (Hopkinton)
• Yianakopolos collected three hits (double and two singles), walked once, stole two bases and scored four runs in Hopkinton’s 14-0 victory over Mascoma Valley (5 innings). He was also one of four Hopkinton pitched who limited Mascoma to one hit.
Nominations for Peak Performers should be submitted the day of the game via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The information must be provided by a member of that team’s coaching staff. Peak Performers is sponsored by MG Sports. Contact MG Sports owner Michael Garczynski at MGSports1313@gmail.com for your fundraising needs.