- The State of Baseball: Week 2
- Peak Performers: 4.20.21
- Peak Performers: 6.19.21
- NH man causes Maine games to be cancelled
- Winnacunnet starts season at No. 1
- Team Previews: Lin-Wood
- The State of Baseball: Week 1
- NECBL releases 2021 schedule
- Peak Performers: 4.14.21
- Offense hasn’t been an issue for PSU
Morissette has big day for BC
- Updated: February 17, 2019
Exeter’s Cody Morissette collected five hits Saturday to help Boston College sweep a doubleheader from Jackson State. The Eagles won the first game 11-2, and took the second contest 9-5.
Morissette, a four-year varsity player at Exeter High School, was 2 for 5 with two runs scored and an RBI in Game 1, and collected three hits in five at-bats and scored a run in Game 2. He began the season as BC’s starting second baseman.
Morissette, who also played basketball and football for Exeter, led the Blue Hawks to back-to-back Division I baseball championships in his junior and senior seasons. He hit .434 during his senior season and finished his high school career with 99 hits.
- Amherst’s Bryce Reagan went 1 for 4, scored twice and drove in a run to help Texas defeat Louisiana 6-5. Reagan has started at shortstop for each of Texas’ first two games.
- Hopkinton’s Jake Nelson pitched a scoreless inning in of relief in Texas A&M’s 19-6 triumph over Fordam.