- Keene State releases schedule
- Fisher Cats announce game times
- 2022 Watch List: January update
- December Discount available
- NHFS adopts new pitching rule
- Fisher Cats open April 8
- Duval entering first season with NHTI
- Tewksbury to speak in Seabrook
- Futures League releases schedule
- Save $20 on an XTRA Membership
SNHU’s Kennedy named top rookie
- Updated: April 1, 2019
MANSFIELD, Mass. – Freshman Alex Kennedy (Braintree, Mass.) of the seventh-ranked Southern New Hampshire University baseball team was named the Northeast-10 Rookie of the Week for the period ending March 31, the conference office announced Monday.
Kennedy went 5-for-15 (.333) with four RBIs and two runs scored during a 4-0 week for the Penmen. The rookie went 5-for-9, drove in four runs and scored twice in Saturday’s doubleheader sweep of Saint Anselm College. He was 2-for-4 with the game-winning RBI in the eighth inning of a 3-1 victory in Game 1, before going 3-for-5 with two more RBIs and a pair of runs scored in the nightcap – a 13-2 decision for SNHU.
In 13 games this season, Kennedy is hitting .306 (11-41) with an extra-base hit, six RBI and eight runs scored. He has also walked five times to help bolster a .435 on-base percentage.
Kennedy and the Penmen are back in action Tuesday, when they play host to in-state rival Franklin Pierce University at Penmen Field.