- Keene State releases schedule
- Fisher Cats announce game times
- 2022 Watch List: January update
- December Discount available
- NHFS adopts new pitching rule
- Fisher Cats open April 8
- Duval entering first season with NHTI
- Tewksbury to speak in Seabrook
- Futures League releases schedule
- Save $20 on an XTRA Membership
Murphy, Fisher Cats beat Altoona
- Updated: June 3, 2019
ALTOONA, Pa. – The New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays) secured a series win with a 4-1 triumph over the Altoona Curve (Pirates) Sunday at Peoples Natural Gas Field.
Forrest Wall wasted no time extending his hitting streak. The Orlando, Fla. native doubled to start the top of the first, moved to third base on a caught fly ball and scored when Santiago Espinal grounded out to give the Blue Jays affiliate a 1-0 edge.
Altoona tied it in the third. Back-to-back singles started the frame before a potential double play turned into a fielder’s choice and a throwing error, which brought home the first run of the game for the Curve and made it 1-1.
A run in the fifth helped the Fisher Cats retake the lead. Kevin Smith singled to start the inning and later scored on Vinny Capra‘s base hit to left field for what would prove to be the eventual winning run.
Patrick Murphy (W, 4-5) was once again superb for New Hampshire. The right-hander went seven innings, allowed one run on five hits, issued no walks and struck out five.
Santiago Espinal’s third home run of the season padded New Hampshire’s lead. He started the sixth with a fly ball that just got over the left field wall to make it 3-1.
In the eighth, a Wall double turned in to the fourth run of the afternoon for New Hampshire after Nash Knight singled him in.
- Forrest Wall wrapped up one of the finest weeks in recent memory for the ‘Cats. He went 12 for-22 (.545) with 10 runs scored, six doubles, two home runs and six RBI between May 27 and June 2.
- Riley Adams extended his hitting streak to a personal best 12 games with a single in the eighth.
- New Hampshire finishes the season 5-1 against Altoona.
After an off day on Monday, New Hampshire returns home Tuesday to take on the Bowie Baysox (Orioles). Starters for the game have not been announced. Coverage begins at 6:15 p.m. and continues with first pitch at 6:35 p.m. on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network.