- Jared hired as voice of Fisher Cats
- Eaton will serve as Keene State captain
- NFHS tosses rules changeup
- Hewett has big day for Vandy
- Rose, Saint Anselm collect first win
- Saint Anselm drops opener
- Saint Anselm opens season today
- LEC releases preseason poll
- Arkansas Tech tops SNHU
- Lavigne collects two hits in SNHU loss
Diaz dominates Sea Dogs
- Updated: September 2, 2019
PORTLAND, Maine – With 6.2 no-hit innings from Yennsy Diaz and a six-run outburst in the fourth, the New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays Double-A affiliate) handled the Portland Sea Dogs (Red Sox Double-A affiliate) 7-1 on Sunday afternoon at Hadlock Field.
Josh Palacios led off a six-run rally in the fourth inning with a solo homer to right. Two singles and a walk loaded the bases for Brock Lundquist, who ripped a three-run triple down the right field line. Lundquist scored on a Vinny Capra double off the Maine Monster, and Capra came home on a single from Nash Knight to cap the rally.
In the sixth inning, Lundquist launched a solo homer to right, his sixth of the season, to extend the lead to 7-0.
Fisher Cats starter Yennsy Diaz (W, 11-9) did not allow a hit until the seventh inning, when Luke Tendler looped a two-out RBI single into right field to make it 7-1.
Diaz finished after seven innings, having allowed one run on one hit with two walks and a season-high eight strikeouts.
The final game of the season is scheduled for 1 p.m. on Sunday afternoon in Portland. Coverage begins with the Fisher Cats pregame show at 12:45 p.m. on the WGIR Fisher Cats Radio Network.