- Jared hired as voice of Fisher Cats
- Eaton will serve as Keene State captain
- NFHS tosses rules changeup
- Hewett has big day for Vandy
- Rose, Saint Anselm collect first win
- Saint Anselm drops opener
- Saint Anselm opens season today
- LEC releases preseason poll
- Arkansas Tech tops SNHU
- Lavigne collects two hits in SNHU loss
Tides remain hot
- Updated: July 17, 2020
Andrew Dupuis followed up an impressive relief appearance on Sunday with an even more impressive starting assignment on Thursday night to help the Northeast Tides defeat the North Reading A’s, 8-0.
Dupuis tossed six shutout innings and had a no-hitter going through five-plus innings. He struck out eight and walked two.
Bryan Wooley pitched a clean seventh and struck out two.
The Tides did most of their offensive damage in the early innings. The team’s five-run second inning featured sacrifice flies by Jordan Gosselin and Zack Clough, and a double steal by Ryan Coleman and Max Malila, which led to a run. Coleman also showed his speed when he was off with the pitch and scored from first base in the third.
The Tides also received and RBI double from Jared Neikam that scored Axel Post in the fourth.
Keagan Calero and Sam Lachance each had two hits for Northeast. Lachance also had three RBIs to raise his season total to eight.
After playing the Beverly Recs on Saturday, the Tides will play a road doubleheader against the Peabody Champions on Sunday beginning at 5 p.m.