College Profile: Brandon Dufault
- Updated: January 31, 2021
Height/Weight: 6-foot-5, 195 pounds
Class: Redshirt Junior
High School: Windham High School
- Named closer and had career-high four saves before season canceled due to Coronavirus
- Had three strikeouts against Alabama (2/16)
- First save of season in 2-0 win over South Florida (2/22)
- Had four games of two strikeouts or more
- Finished season tied for ninth in most saves in Northeastern history with seven
- Pitched in 52 innings for the Huskies, finishing the season with a 5.40 ERA
- Earned a win against South Dakota St. after pitching in four innings (2/23)
- Struck out six batters in three innings and earned his first of three saves on the season against William & Mary (3/23)
- Made his collegiate debut at Creighton (2/16)
- Picked up his first career win against Dartmouth (3/3)
- Struck out four through three scoreless innings against Bryant (5/2)
- Earned the win with 3.0 scoreless innings pitched against UNCW in a CAA tournament elimination victory (5/26)
Before Northeastern: Four-year varsity baseball student-athlete at Windham High School (Windham, New Hampshire) under head coaches Leo Gravel and Jason Matthews. … Two-year captain at Windham (2016, 2017) … Two-time First Team All-State (New Hampshire) and USA Today First Team All-State honoree (2016, 2017). … As a senior (2017), co-led Windham to a 14-4 record, pitching to a 5-2 record, two saves, 1.67 ERA, and 72 strikeouts during 46 innings. … Named the 2017 Pitcher of the Year and The Eagle Tribune Regional All-Star Team … Tossed a 10-strikeout no-hitter – one of his five double-digit strikeout games during the 2017 season. … As a junior (2016), boasted a 6-3 record, two saves, 1.83 ERA, and 51 strikeouts during 38 innings, helping Windham attain a 15-4 record … Broke the New England Showcase League strikeout record during the 2016 season, throwing 59 strikeouts across 30 innings. … As a sophomore (2015), paired an undefeated, 10-0 pitching record, including a 3-0 mark during the New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association (NHIAA) Division II playoffs, with a 0.96 ERA and 55 strikeouts during 42 innings pitched. … Helped Windham to a 19-1 record during 2015 and the NHIAA Division II state championship … Caught for Windham during his freshman season (2014). … Played on the Nashua Silver Knights team that won the 2020 FCBL championship.
Personal: Son to his father, Dan Dufault, and mother, Deb Roux. … Has an older sister. … Interested in studying science at Northeastern … Eager to pursue a career in professional baseball, MLB, or in forensic science. … New Hampshire Scholar. … Hobbies include playing golf, drawing and going to the movies. … Design major.
Those who would like to help New Hampshire Hardball promote baseball in the Granite State can do so by purchasing a New Hampshire Hardball membership or by making a donation below. Sponsorship inquiries can be sent to email@example.com. Your support is greatly appreciated.