Peak Performers: 5.10.21
- Updated: May 11, 2021
Nominations for Peak Performers should be submitted the day of the game via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The information must be provided by a member of that team’s coaching staff. Peak Performers is sponsored by MG Sports. Contact MG Sports owner Michael Garczynski at MGSports1313@gmail.com for your fundraising needs.
Thank you to the coaches who submitted player information …
Lorenzo Corsetto (Pinkerton Academy)
• Corsetto collected three hits and scored twice to highlight Pinkerton’s offensive effort in a 12-4 win against Nashua South.
Zach Fletcher (Bedford)
• Fletcher had a solo home run, two RBIs and pitched six scoreless innings as Bedford beat Bishop Guertin 8-2. He surrendered three hits and struck out eight.
Ryan Gomez (Salem)
• Gomez didn’t allow an earned run in six innings of Salem’s 8-7 triumph over Dover. He surrendered two runs on six hits, struck out six and walked two.
Austin Hazzard (John Stark)
• Hazzard earned the win in a 14-2 victory over Merrimack Valley for allowing two runs on five hits in five innings. He struck out six. Hazzard also collected a two-run double, scored three runs, walked three times and had a stolen base.
Ryan Killelea (Londonderry)
• Killelea pitched the final two innings of Londonderry’s 4-0 victory over Nashua North. He struck out four.
Will Kuzman (Portsmouth Christian)
• Kuzman, a senior captain, struck out 11 in six innings during Portsmouth Christian’s 4-2 loss to Concord Christian. He allowed four runs on three hits.
Ryan Larsha (Campbell)
• Larsha tossed a complete game to lead Campbell to a 6-1 triumph over Manchester West. He gave up three hits and walked one. Larsha also collected two hits, inlcuding a triple, and drove in a run with a sacrifice fly.
Paul Lescovitz (Pinkerton Academy)
• Lescovitz was 2-for-4 with a double and drove in three runs during Pinkerton’s 12-4 win over Nashua South.
Owen MacDonnell (Londonderry)
• MacDonnell collected two hits and an RBI to help Londonderry post a 4-0 victory over Nashua North.
Garret Mango (Winnisquam)
• Mango was 3-for-5, scored twice, drove in two runs and stole two bases in Winnisquam’s 8-4 triumph over Newfound.
Cam McGonigle (Concord)
• McGonigle didn’t allow a hit in 2 1/3 innings of relief in Concord’s 10-3 victory over Manchester Memorial. He struckout out two and didn’t walk anyone. He was 2-for-3 at the plate with two doubles and RBI and scored a run.
Phil Nichols (Winnisquam)
• Nichols went 3-for-5 with two RBIs, scored twice, and stole two bases as Winnisquam extended its winning streak to four games with an 8-4 eight-inning victory over previously unbeaten Newfound. He also went to the mound with no outs and runners on second and third in the bottom of the fifth and struck out three to get out of the inning without allowing a run. He pitched three innings, struck out eight, allowed one hit and picked up his fifth win of the year (5-0, 0.79 ERA).
Ryan Philbrick (Concord)
• Philbrick reached base in all five of his plate appearances during Concord’s 10-3 win against Manchester Memorial. He collected three hits, two RBIs, two stolen bases and scored twice.
Zach Smith (Londonderry)
• Smith earned the win for tossing five scoreless innings in Londonderry’s 4-0 victory over Nashua North. He struck out eight, walked one and gave up four hits.
Maxx Spinelli (Portsmouth Christian)
• Spinelli, a senior captain, went 2-for-3 (single, double) with an RBI in a 4-2 loss to Concord Christian. Spinelli is hitting .500 with a 1.286 OPS.
Nater Wachter (Concord)
• Wachter went 3-for-5 with a run scored to help Concord defeat Manchester Memorial 10-3.
Adam Wholley (Londonderry)
• Wholley collected a hit and drove in two runs to help Londonderry defeat Nashua North 4-0.
Tyler Wright (Concord)
• Wright had two hits, two stolen bases, drove in two runs and scored once during Concord’s 10-3 triumph over Manchester Memorial.
Those who would like to help New Hampshire Hardball promote baseball in the Granite State can do so by purchasing a New Hampshire Hardball membership or by making a donation below. Sponsorship inquiries can be sent to email@example.com. Your support is greatly appreciated.