Peak Performers: 6.4.21
- Updated: June 4, 2021
Nominations for Peak Performers should be submitted the day of the game via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The information must be provided by a member of that team’s coaching staff. Peak Performers is sponsored by MG Sports. Contact MG Sports owner Michael Garczynski at MGSports1313@gmail.com for your fundraising needs.
Thank you to the coaches who submitted player information …
Brooks Craigue (Concord)
• Craigue went 2-for-2, scored twice and had four RBIs in Concord’s 14-8 triumph over Trinity.
Ryan Gomez (Salem)
• Gomez limited Londonderry to two hits and no unearned runs in six innings of Salem’s 2-1 loss to the Lancers. He struck out seven and walked one.
Brandon Hsu (Hollis/Brookline)
• Hsu hit a grand slam and had five RBIs in Hollis-Brookline’s 13-3, six-inning triumph over Milford.
Ryan Kastle (Concord)
• Kastle had a hit and scored four runs as the Crimson Tide advanced to the Division I quarterfinals by beating Trinity, 14-8.
Ryan Killelea (Londonderry)
• Killelea took the mound at the start of the sixth inning with Londonderry leading Salem by a run and retired each of the six batters he faced in Londonderry’s 2-1 win. He finished with three strikeouts.
Kyle Lavigne (Bishop Guertin)
• Lavigne went 2-for-2, scored a run and struck out two in one inning on the mound to earn the save in BG’s 2-1 upset victory over Alvirne.
Aidan Meaney (Bishop Guertin)
• Meaney limited Alvirne to one run (unearned) and three hits in six innings to help the Cardinals advance with a 2-1 victory in the Division I tournament’s preliminary round. He struck out four and didn’t issue any walks.
Alex Meesig (Nashua North)
• Meesig tossed eight scoreless innings during Nashua North’s 3-0 loss to Keene. He allowed four hits and struck out eight, and was pulled after throwing 105 pitches.
Zach Mooers (Keene)
• Mooers pitched 8.1 scoreless innings in Keene’s 3-0 nine-inning victory over Nashua North. He gave up six hits, struck out seven and walked two.
Elias Niemela (ConVal)
• Niemela, ConVal’s starting catcher, went 3-for-3 with a home run and scored twice to help ConVal defeat Lebanon, 6-4.
Maxx Spinelli (Portsmouth Christian)
• Spinelli tossed a no-hitter and had a career-high 12 strikeouts to lead PCA past Nute, 13-1. He also had two hits, including a double, and drove in three runs.
Eric Stapelfeld (ConVal)
• Stapelfeld pitched a complete game and hit a walk-off two-run home run as ConVal advanced to the Division II quarterfinals by beating Lebanon 6-4. Three of the four runs Lebanon scored were unearned. Stapelfeld struck out nine and walked one.
Nater Wachter (Concord)
• Wachter collected two hits, scored twice and drove in a run to help Concord post a 14-8 victory over Trinity in the Division I tournament’s preliminary round.
Jarrad Willette (Concord)
• Willette pitched 4.2 innings to earn the win in Concord’s 14-8 tournament victory over Trinity. He gave up six hits, one earned run, walked one and struck out three. Willette also went 1-for-2 with three walks, scored once and drove in a run.
Those who would like to help New Hampshire Hardball promote baseball in the Granite State can do so by purchasing a New Hampshire Hardball membership or by making a donation below. Sponsorship inquiries can be sent to email@example.com. Your support is greatly appreciated.