Angels sign Windham’s Dufault
- Updated: July 21, 2021
BOSTON — Northeastern’s Brandon Dufault has signed a deal with the Los Angeles Angles of Anaheim after being selected 471st overall in the 16th round of the 2021 MLB Draft. The right-handed pitcher was a frequent contributor out of the back-end of the Huskies Bullpen during this career. His 2021 campaign included helping Northeastern win the program’s first CAA championship.
“I’m very excited for Brandon to get this opportunity,” Northeastern head coach Mike Glavine said. “He’s worked very hard, been a great student-athlete here and finishes his career with a CAA championship. I’m looking forward to watching his professional career.”
“It’s a dream come true and it’s something I’ve been working for and looking forward to since I was a kid,” Dufault added. “I’m super excited to get to work and can’t thank Coach Glavine, Coach Cobb, Coach Puccio, Coach Bosco plus my teammates, family and friends enough for helping me get to this point.”
- Redshirt Junior
- Ended his NU career with 100 strikeouts in 64 appearances and a 4.86 ERA
- Fourth most saves in Northeastern program history (12)
- No. 15 in Northeastern history in strikeouts per nine innings (8.39)
- No. 2 in the CAA this season with five saves
- Made 16 appearances out of the bullpen this season
- Struck out 22 batters in 17.0 innings pitched this past season
- Led the CAA in appearances (9) and saves (4) in 2020
Those who would like to help New Hampshire Hardball promote baseball in the Granite State can do so by purchasing a New Hampshire Hardball membership or by making a donation below. Sponsorship inquiries can be sent to email@example.com. Your support is greatly appreciated.