- Jared hired as voice of Fisher Cats
- Eaton will serve as Keene State captain
- NFHS tosses rules changeup
- Hewett has big day for Vandy
- Rose, Saint Anselm collect first win
- Saint Anselm drops opener
- Saint Anselm opens season today
- LEC releases preseason poll
- Arkansas Tech tops SNHU
- Lavigne collects two hits in SNHU loss
Young earns Double-A honor
- Updated: August 23, 2021
MANCHESTER – New Hampshire Fisher Cats (Blue Jays Double-A affiliate) outfielder Chavez Young has been named Double-A Northeast League Player of the Week for the period of August 16-22.
During the Fisher Cats’ 3-2 series win over the Hartford Yard Goats (Colorado Rockies) last week at Dunkin’ Donuts Park, Young hit .476 with three home runs, three doubles, nine RBI, and had a 1.524 OPS in five games.
Young opened the series with four-straight multi-hit games, including three-hit nights on Tuesday and Friday. He powered New Hampshire to a 12-0 win on Tuesday with a 3-for-5 effort including a homer and four runs batted in.
Born in Freeport, Bahamas, Young was drafted by the Blue Jays in the 39th round out of Faith Baptist Christian Academy in Ludowici, GA in 2016. Now in his first Double-A season at age 24, Young entered the year ranked among the Top 30 prospects in the Blue Jays organization according to MLB.com.
This is New Hampshire’s third Player of the Week honor in 2021, including catcher Gabriel Moreno and infielder Vinny Capra.
← Previous Story Yard Goats 8, Fisher Cats 5