- Keene State releases schedule
- Fisher Cats announce game times
- 2022 Watch List: January update
- December Discount available
- NHFS adopts new pitching rule
- Fisher Cats open April 8
- Duval entering first season with NHTI
- Tewksbury to speak in Seabrook
- Futures League releases schedule
- Save $20 on an XTRA Membership
Walkinshaw named top pitcher
- Updated: March 11, 2019
MANSFIELD, Mass. – Graduate student Jake Walkinshaw (Seymour, Conn.) of the eighth-ranked Southern New Hampshire University baseball team was selected as the Northeast-10 Pitcher of the Week for the period ending March 10, the conference office announced Monday.
Walkinshaw, who also earned the accolade Feb. 25, was dominant to help the Penmen kick off their trip to Florida with a 9-2 victory against Caldwell University on Sunday. Walkinshaw fired eight shutout innings, scattering six hits, while striking out a career-high 13 and not walking a batter. Walkinshaw, who retired the first 12 hitters he faced, held Caldwell to a .208 batting average. He moved into sole possession of fourth place on the program’s all-time wins list with the victory.
Through four starts, Walkinshaw is 2-0 with a 2.77 ERA, after allowing eight runs on 24 hits in 26 innings, while striking out 27 and walking six.