Tides earn No. 1 seed
- Updated: August 9, 2020
The Northeast Tides completed their regular season with a 12-2 record and have earned a first-place seeding for the upcoming NSBL playoffs.
Here is a breakdown of the Tides offense and pitching statistical leaders during the regular season:
- Axel Post: .438 batting average with no zero strikeouts on the season. His .609 OBP was tops on the Tides squad.
- Keagan Calero: batted .400 while appearing in all 14 games for the Tides. Scored a team high 16 runs and tied for the team lead with 13 RBIs. Also led the team with 13 stolen bases without being caught.
- Sam Lachance: appeared in all 14 games and batted .349 on the season with two home runs and 13 RBIs. He was second on the team in total hits and boasted a .535 slugging percentage.
- Jared Neikam: Neikam travels from Bedford N.H., and has never missed a Tide practice, inter-squad game, exhibition game or regular season game. This dedicated Tide batted .318 during the regular season and has logged more miles on his car than any other player in the NSBL hands down.
- Drew Healey: batted .313 on the regular season and led Tides regulars in slugging percentage and OPS at .688 and 1.116 respectively.
- Nolan Elmore: Would have appeared in all 14 games if not for a finger injury that took him out of the lineup for opening day. Middle of the lineup hitter all season who finished with a .294 average
- Matt Bergeron: Current league leader in wins and ERA as he posted a 5-0 record with a 0.00 ERA in 19.2 total innings pitched.
- Tommy Lawrence: Threw an opening-day complete game shutout against the second seed Rowley Nor’Easters who ironically led the league in total runs scored for the season. Finished with a 2-0 record and a 0.58 ERA. Struck out a total of 25 batters in 12 innings pitched.
- Kevin Gould: Team WHIP leader at .417. In his 12 innings pitched, he gave up three total hits, one run allowed with two walks and 15 strikeouts.
- Andrew Dupuis: Finished with a 2-0 record and a 0.82 ERA. Struck out 25 batters in his 17 total innings pitched. Started and pitched five innings of a combined no hitter against the North Shore Storm.
- Bobby Cliche: Team pitching leader in strikeouts with 27. Finished with a 2-0 record in with a total of 17 innings pitched.
← Previous Story Manchester, Portsmouth win titles