Team Previews: Plymouth
- Updated: April 8, 2021
2021 NHIAA BASEBALL TEAM PREVIEW
Head coach: Mike Boyle
Players with varsity experience: Three
- Senior Andrew Baxter (P/IF) – (4-2, 1.26 ERA, 23K in IP) – No. 1 pitcher for us going into the year. We will look to him to control the game on the mound and offensively at the top of the lineup
- Senior Cole Johnston (Captain) (C/P/IF) – (.277/14 RBI) – Leader behind the dish and will give us significant innings on the mound. We are looking to Cole to lead us offensively as well.
- Senior Charles Comeau (2B) – (Limited experience as a sophomore, but expected to be a staple 2B as a returning senior and tough out at the plate)
Players to watch (up and coming):
- Junior Parker Keeney – (1B/P) – Will handle most of the duties at first base and will also be a main contributor to our pitching staff.
- Junior Henry Shaw – (IF/P) – competing for a middle infield position and will also share pitching responsibilities. Looking for him to contribute offensively after a solid JV season two years ago.
- Junior Kyle Joyce – (OF/C) – Backup catcher and will compete to get playing time in the outfield.
- Junior Colin Roper – (OF) – Competing for a starting outfield position
- Junior Brock Tanner – (OF/IF) – Utility guy competing for a starting outfield position and can fill in, in the infield if needed.
- Junior Curtis Smoker – (OF/IF) – Competing for a starting role in the outfield or infield. Looking for him to contribute offensively as well.
- Junior Colin Kenneally – (OF) – Swinging the bat well in preseason and looking to compete for an outfield spot.
New to the Program:
- Junior – Jake Crowley (OF) – Looking to break into the starting lineup as an outfielder. Very athletic, coming back to baseball after a few years off.
- Junior – Kurtis Cross (3B/P) – Will look to log significant innings on the mound and at 3B.
- Junior Evan Cote (OF) – Will compete for time in the outfield.
- Junior Hunter England (OF) – Will Compete for time in the outfield.
Outlook/Coaches comment: “As a whole we are looking to get better every day, after we had last year cancelled. Guys are excited to be back, working hard and continuing to work through the many obstacles that we face in northern New England with the weather and preseason field conditions. We have little varsity baseball experience returning, but we are looking for our three seniors to lead the way. They have played a lot of baseball in their lives and we will lean on them to bring the rest of the team up to speed. Our junior class is strong in terms of baseball knowledge and skill, it will just be a matter of how they adjust to the varsity level. I think a strength of ours will be depth at the pitching position and we should have a solid defense behind them. We need to improve on offense and I fully expect that to come along as the weather and field conditions improve. With preseason being very short this season we will need to be mentally tough enough to play through early season mistakes.”
New Hampshire Hardball TOP 50 (XTRA Members)
New Hampshire Hardball will post team previews as they are received. Coaches can submit previews via email: email@example.com. Those who would like to help New Hampshire Hardball promote baseball in the Granite State can do so by purchasing a New Hampshire Hardball membership or by making a donation below. Sponsorship inquiries can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your support is greatly appreciated.