Peak Performers: 5.17.21
- Updated: May 18, 2021
Nominations for Peak Performers should be submitted the day of the game via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The information must be provided by a member of that team’s coaching staff. Peak Performers is sponsored by MG Sports. Contact MG Sports owner Michael Garczynski at MGSports1313@gmail.com for your fundraising needs.
Thank you to the coaches who submitted player information …
Adan Ayala (Salem)
• Ayala, who started in right field, went 3-for-4 with two RBIs and scored twice to help Salem defeat Timberlane, 6-5.
Kyan Bagshaw (Souhegan)
• Bagshaw, a junior, collected two hits, walked once and drove in a run to help Souhegan defeat Pelham, 10-5.
Colin Burke (Souhegan)
• Burke had two hits, including a double, walked once and scored twice in Souhegan’s victory over Pelham. He also drove in two runs.
Nolan Colby (Souhegan)
• Colby went 2-for-3 with an RBI and turned in a solid defensive performance at shortstop in Souhegan’s 10-5 triumph over Pelham.
Tom Dion (Salem)
• Dion limited Timberlane to one run in 5 2/3 innings of relief during Salem’s 6-5 win. He surrendered five hits and struck out three.
Zach Fletcher (Bedford)
• Fletcher was 3-for-3, with a double, a stolen base and two RBIs, and also earned the win on the mound as Bedford beat Keene, 7-5. He surrendered one earned run and struck out nine in six innings.
Austin Hazzard (John Stark)
• Hazzard pitched a complete game in John Stark’s 2-1 triumph over Bow. He allowed one hit, walked one and struck out seven. Hazzard also doubled and scored a run.
Will Jacques (Souhegan)
• Jacques hit a two-run home run and tossed two innings of relief with three strikeouts to help Souhegan defeat Pelham.
Westin Lippold (Windham)
• Lippold tossed a complete-game shutout as Windham beat Exeter, 9-0. Lippold limited the Blue Hawks to four hits and struck out 12.
Matt Mazur (Timberlane)
• Mazur, Timberlane’s first baseman, went 3-for-3 with three RBIs in a 6-5 loss to Salem.
Alex Moore (John Stark)
• Moore was 2-for-2 with an RBI and a run scored in John Stark’s 2-1 triumph over Bow. He also walked once and had two stolen bases.
Ben O’Connell (Milford)
• O’Connell, a senior, collected a hit, walked twice and drove in a run during Milford’s win against ConVal. He was also behind the place for teammate Damian Philbrick’s no-hitter.
Damian Philbrick (Milford)
• Philbrick, a junior, tossed a no-hitter in his first start of the season to help Milford beat ConVal, 8-0. He threw 88 pitches and didn’t walk a batter. ConVal’s two baserunners were both hit by a pitch.
Tom Rioux (Pinkerton Academy)
• Rioux was 4-for-4 with four RBIs and two runs scored in Pinkerton’s 12-2 victory over Goffstown.
Ben Williams (Hanover)
• Williams went 5-for-5 with two triples and two doubles to highlight Hanover’s offensive performance in a 25-1 victory over Newport. He scored five runs and drove in seven.
Those who would like to help New Hampshire Hardball promote baseball in the Granite State can do so by purchasing a New Hampshire Hardball membership or by making a donation below. Sponsorship inquiries can be sent to email@example.com. Your support is greatly appreciated.